To provide support to individuals residing in British Columbia who are leaving domestic violence situations by providing financial assistance:
- To help cover the cost of boarding their pets in the community
- To support the development of animal sheltering infrastructure within transition homes
There are three main reasons survivors of domestic violence often delay leaving:
- They are afraid for the welfare of their pet if left behind
- They feel responsible for ensuring their pet remains safe
- They are unaware of possible sheltering options for their pet
Our animal companions become members of our family, and leaving without them is often not an option – sometimes at our own expense. We want to help people start new, safe lives with their pets.